Breadcrumbs is a component for displaying the "user's path" on the website. It's usually used as an additional navigation element.
Why breadcrumbs are useful:
- they unobtrusively show the users which page they are on;
- they help you link to other pages on the site (useful for SEO);
- they allow you to move between higher/lower nesting navigation levels without clicking the forward/backward buttons in the browser.
Do not use breadcrumbs on the main pages.
Links inside this component have custom styles.
The last item in the breadcrumbs is always non-clickable.
Margins between the links inside the breadcrumbs is 8px.
Long links truncation
If there is not enough place for the breadcrumbs (screen is too small or the text is too long), the last item is collapsed into
Usage in UX/UI
The recommended order of the navigation levels in the breadcrumbs:
- The first link is Dashboard. It leads to the screen with widgets for various products.
- The second link is the product's Projects and/or the product's home page.
- The third link is the Name of the project.
- The fourth link is the Name of the product.