Considerations for developers
- Identify the field name in the error message.
- Associate errors with their corresponding form field using the
- Use live regions to communicate dynamically appearing error messages to assistive technology.
Refer to Form for the recommendations on how to make the form accessible.
See detailed information about the keyboard support for the all form elements in the Keyboard control guide.
Considerations for designers
- Use text or an icon with alternative text, not just color, to indicate errors. Use the word "Error" or an error icon with alternative text.
- Provide suggestions for how to correct the error when known.
A11y style guide describes accessible behavior of all form elements.
See more accessibility recommendations in the common Accessibility guide.